Friday, September 17, 2010

The last days before fall and holidays!!

To start the month I got to have another birthday! So for my birthday Dan thought it would be fun to go to the Jelly Belly Factory with everyone! I agreed! It was fun but the best part was trying all the samples at the end;) The girls had a fun time on the train tour! So cute!! Although I must admit my FAVORITE part of my birthday was getting new pots and pans from my mom and dad! THANKS!! I absolutely LoVe them!


We also had another chemo treatment (actually the last day of Aug. but whatev!) and she did GREAT! No puking at the hospital this time around! Yay:) Grandpa came to visit, as always, and brought goodies, as always! Thanks grandpa!! We had to leave her port accessed at the end of the day which she was NOT happy about but somehow she managed to live with it! What a trooper...4 chemo treatments down, 14 to go! Hang in there baby:) she's really doing super great and I'm so proud of her!

I had to take Ashton out of pre-school this year because I just didn't want to worry about missing so many days and all the germs that could be so dangerous for her little body...so instead, I decided to put her in a small ballet class! She was SO excited to go (in theory!)...We even got there her first day super early to get comfortable with her surroundings and teacher. She's been REALLY shy and scared about new places since she started chemo so I had a feeling she'd need some time so she'd be ready when class started...It took a LOT of convincing for her to go sit down with her class and teacher, but she FINALLY did once her teacher offered a spot right next to her..:) I QUICKLY snuck out of the room and sat on the other side of the one way mirror...within about 2 minutes her face started to cloud up and she buried her face in her hands, which isn't a good sign....I was like, ohhh nooo....she's gonna CRY! It was so sad! But just as quickly as it came, it went away and she was moving and talking with her teacher and class for the rest of the time! She did GREAT and was very good at listening and following directions. I was, again, so proud of her! Can't wait for next time:)

5 comments:

Kasi French said...

She's adorable!! All my love!

Anonymous said...

She's a VERY BEAUTIFUL ballerina!! :)

Michelle M said...

She looks darn cute in her ballet clothes.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

that is great that she did good in dance class. Poor kid! and yay 4 down! what a strong little girlie!

Happy late b-day by the way! Glad it was GREAT!

Kelley Rae said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! What are you . . like 23 now?! That's def the way to spend a birthday though, mmmm Jelly Bellies!!