Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Touches my heart...

Last night for Ashton's bedtime prayer she said something that just took my breath away...it started out about the same as usual, but ended in a very different way,


"please bless Alex and Tenny (little girls we met at the hospital) that they will have strong bodies, please bless Sister Carson that she will feel better soon, and bless Uncle Austin in Argentina. I'm grateful for the doctors that they could get the cancer bugs out of me and I could feel better...."

Oh my goodness my heart just stopped! I couldn't believe such words were coming out of my little 3 year old all on her own! I felt such sorrow and gratitude at the same time....It breaks my heart to hear such a little thing talk about such a big thing! Yet it was so comforting to hear her understand what's going on and that the doctors are the good guys! I'm so proud of my girl!
She never ceases to amaze me!

10 comments:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Such a sweet heart!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

That is so sweet! She is very in-tune with the spirit. The pictures of her losing her hair just break my heart. But at least you know she's close to God, and that's more important than any amount of hair! Good luck to you guys, lots of love!!!

Kelley Rae said...

You are all such an inspiration to us. We are so amazed by your strength. And little miss Ashton is adorable hair or not.

Kasi French said...

Wow. What an amazing little girl ~ clearly she comes from two amazing parents.

Gary and Kirsten said...

Wow, what an incredible prayer. She has been listening to your prayers for the past 3 years, now you know she has really heard them. It is amazing how much they pick up from the people around them. What a special girls Ashton is.

www.thesinglelifeofastudentwife.blogspot.com said...

what a little grownup! She is teaching all of us to look at the brighter side.

Schupple said...

Oh goodness! Thanks so much Natalie for sharing this precious prayer. It melts my heart to hear her faith and sweet love. I love you Ashton! You are a very special Princess of God. I love you Natalie and Dan! ♥
Gma Schupple

Kelsey Booth said...

Wow, that is wonderful. I have been shocked by Ali's prayers for Ashton - she reminds us during each and every prayer to pray for your sweet baby.

Melissa J. said...

She's so sweet! How did yesterday go? We've been thinking about you guys...

Dani said...

Wow - what a little sweetie. It's amazing how our little ones can teach us so much. We love you guys and are strengthened by you. JJ prays for Ashton in EVERY prayer!! ...and we do too!