Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Losing my family!

Ok...nobody asked me if it was ok to leave Illinois after 13.. or so.. years! My family (mom, dad, Brad, Austin and Jackie) has decided to move to ST. GEORGE, UT!.....WHAT?! Ya...it hasn't quite sunk in yet...although the last several times we've been over to their house it has been more and more evident....the empty-ish rooms and stacks of boxes everywhere is strange...They leave in like 23 days or something now. So surreal! We've ALWAYS been able to hop right on over to grandma's house for a play day or Sunday dinner or birthday or WHATEVER...not anymore! It'll be more of a hop skip and a jump jump jump over to grandma's house...:(( Until then, I'll sit here, wasting my 23 days, wondering if it's really gonna happen. And wonder what in the WORLD we will do on those days that we would just run on over for no reason at all...How depressing.. Then I remember, my brother Brad! He has decided to stay for the summer semester taking a class or two at CLC and working. Since we are the closest to CLC, he's going to be living with US! I'm not quite sure how its going to work really, since all we have is our room and Ashton's room! I'm thinking, Ashton's bunkbeds!?? haha!! (Brad is about 6'3") Oh well, its family and a live-in babysitter! I am THRILLED about that..However, that too shall end in August. I'm trying to focus on the time we have left and the times to come! So here's how we're spending the last month or so with my family:

A day at the ZOO!
Awe...I love this picture of these three!!
Definitely NOT the best family picture but it was the only one....:/
Playing with Aunt Jackie:)
Catching raindrops with Grandpa! What a perfect end to a perfect day:)

2 comments:

Kasi French said...

I love that picture of your Dad and Ashton!! ADORABLE!!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Cute family photos! Your family is moving close to me... only 30 minutes up the road. I'm technically in Nevada, but it's really close. I'm sure it will be a little hard living away from family (especially since you are used to having them so close). We have been here with no family in Nevada for going on 7 years and I miss my family dearly! I worry if I can have a baby with no family to help me out when I have a crisis or something. But it all seems to work out. Best wishes! And maybe some time when you are in St. George for a visit we'll have to meet up and say hello :)