Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Me? spend money to go to UTAH?? no...

So, nothing personal to all you Utah lovers, but I have never really been a huge fan.. and here I am, after all these years, making a trip out there with the fam.(Daniel's side)! I wouldn't miss this for the world though.. Daniel's sister is getting sealed to her hubby in the Salt Lake Temple this coming Saturday! We're soooo excited for them and, I have to admit, glad they gave an excuse to go out there so see the Salt Lake Temple! We'll be there for 6 days. Having never actually been to Salt Lake City, I must say I'm curious to see what all the hype is about. Mountains, Cafe Rio, Zuppas, Chik-fil-a, Rumbi's? We'll see..;)
Regardless, I feel this won't be the last time I'll find us vacationing in Utah..especially since my parents and baby sis/babysitters are moving to St. George! I can handle St. George though. Does it even count as Utah? At least it's warmer than here! I don't think I'll mind spending Christmases in St. George! We will miss them though...that means I'll have to actually depend on my ward family! How strange! ;)
So, wish me luck this coming week. I'll take pictures and come back with a review!

5 comments:

Kasi French said...

Spoken like a true Chicagoian! Enjoy it ... I just got out ;)

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

I married a Utahan and I do not like UT. And no it isn't just because the in laws live there.

It is too bad your trip isn't in 2-3 weeks. then spring would be in bloom. as it is, I heard they had snow this past weekend.

:o)

Have a fun trip!

Grandma Arlene said...

I am not a huge Utah fan, either, but it's okay. Besides my son and his family who are there for now, the very best part is Cafe Rio. Tres yummy!!!

DREW and MICHELLE said...

Well I am not sure if you know this, but WE are in Utah :) Even though I am from Utah, it is taking me a long time to adjust back into this culture. To be quite honest...I hope I never fully get back into the swing of things here ;) I know you are here for family, but if you want to see some old friends...we would love to see you guys!

Dani said...

haha...it's definitely different than here, but it is really beautiful! I am with you - I will probably never live there, but I LOVE going there for visits - it's the happy valley! We miss you, can't wait to hear about your trip!